Employment Equity Week, March 17 – 21, 2014, will be comprised of short, practical sessions offered at no cost, with a few over the noon hour to accommodate busy work schedules:
- Applying Cree Storytelling to Address Contemporary Justice and Governance Issues
- Experiences of Diversity and Equity in the Faculty of Education
- The Art of Equity: From Inclusion to Innovation
- Mission (Im)possible? Unpacking Diversity Statements and Data from Across Canada
- Keynote – Reflections from a Visitor: On Being Canadian Without Looking Canadian
- WinSETT (Personal) Leadership Program for Women in Science, Engineering, Trades, and Technology Fields
- Diversity in the Classroom: Using Universal Design for Learning to Benefit all Students
- The Experience of Tourette Syndrome in Schools and in the Workplace
- Human Rights and Employment Equity Considerations in Recruitment
- Managing Diversity in the Classroom
- Truth and Reconciliation Panel Discussion
- Chair’s Panel: Leadership for Diversity with Equity
- Ada’s Team Impostor Panel
Click here for more information, dates, and registration links. Registration is not mandatory, just helpful.
We are committed to making the events accessible for all interested participants. Sign language interpreting services, real-time captioning, or other access-related services or accommodations can be arranged. To request accessibility services, please contact EmploymentEquity@ualberta.ca at least one week in advance of the events you will be attending.